Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fiesta Salad

This is so good, I can't even describe it!  I adapted this recipe from one I found in an Oxygen Magazine.

2 cups cooked brown rice
1 8-oz can of corn, rinsed and drained
1 red pepper, chopped
2-3 green onions
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 carrot finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil

1.  In a large bowl combine rice, corn, red pepper, onions, cranberries and carrot.

2.  In a separate bowl blend garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice and olive oil.

3.  Pour olive oil mixture over salad to evenly coat.

Makes 8 servings
Calories:  300
Total fats:  19g
Saturated fat:  3g
Carbs:  31g
Protein 5g

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

Yum! I'm putting in my recipe file right now. It looks fantastic.
And thanks for the blub game idea. I can imagine the screams at your house! Are the Canadians loving the Olympics. We almost feel Canadian here in MN!:)