Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Grilled chicken salad


It's a salad. No real need for a recipe. But this one is so good and so good for you that I must encourage you to try it.

Ingredients:

Lettuce torn into manageable pieces(any kind but iceberg if you can)
Tomatoes diced
Radishes sliced
Red onions chopped (optional, but I'm telling you they make this really special)
Chicken breast
Montreal chicken spice (not necessary but GOOD)
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
blue cheese crumbled

Grill or broil the chicken breast. I think that broiling is the best way to go. The breast stays juicy and tender. I sprinkle Montreal chicken spice on one side and broil on high for 5-7 minutes each side (or until no longer pink inside). While the chicken is cooking, make your salad. When the chicken is done but still warm, slice it into strips and plop it in the salad. Drizzle with equal parts balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I don't even bother to mix them together first. And 2 tsp. of each is about right for one big portion. If you like bleu cheese, crumble 2 tbsp over the top of your amazing salad.

And there you have your healthy protein, carbs, and good fats all there in one bowl. So satisfying that you won't crave anything till supper except for perhaps more salad!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sarah Keller Murray said...

Thanks Jill. I'm going to pick up the few ingredients I still need to make this salad this week. I even have Montreal Chicken spice, thanks to you.

Sarah Keller Murray said...

Thanks for this inspiring meal. Delicious! JP liked it too, though had to get used to the bleu cheese. For a French sounding cheese, Québécois don't really like strong cheeses like it. Oh well...I got to eat some of his!

Jill said...

Sarah, I'm glad you liked it. JP can just leave the bleu cheese to you!! Maybe he'd like it with cheddar or feta cheese????