Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Just to warn you: there is NO sugar or other sweeteners in these cookies so they are definitely not sweet. All 3 of my boys ate these right up, however, and never commented on their healthiness.

Just look at the ingredients, would you? I could justifiably serve these for breakfast (with a glass of skim milk and scrambled egg whites). I think I just planned tomorrow's déjeuner.

1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. oatmeal
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 c. raisins
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c. water
1/3 c. olive oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat well. Drop by spoonfuls onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned. Makes 48 cookies.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

These will be perfect for my little guy! He's been needing a little bedtime snack lately and this would be a good option. I like the idea of having them for breakfast too! They'd be great for breakfast on the go with some fruit!